I am a little obsessed with label makers. Once upon a time, I saved up Amazon gift cards and bought myself a glorious label maker. It arrived and I went about labeling everything that couldn’t run away from me. It was heavenly. Then the kids discovered the label maker and, like everything else they “discover”, the label maker met an untimely death. I was heartbroken.
But recently I was given the chance to try the DYMO Label Manager 260p. It came in the mail and I put it up high, out of the reach of clumsy children eager to label everything in site. And one day, when I had a few moments of piece, I broke out the new label maker and began labeling. I have been making soups with all of my CSA produce and freezing it for when it gets cold enough to eat it. Which incidentally is like now. I am not sure we are completely done with summer, but it has been fall weather around here the past few days.
But I was just kind of sticking the soups in the freezer in their containers and praying I would remember what they were come fall and winter. It could make for a fun game of “what the heck is this that I am eating”, but I like knowing what it is I am eating. So here are my fabulous soups thus far:
I don’t know why, but there is something about looking in at labeled food that just makes my heart happy. Perhaps there is an organized person inside me dying to get out. Poor thing. She is trying to claw her way out through all this clutter. I wish I could show you more, but my fabulous chickens from the farm are currently taking over my freezer.
Anyway, here is what I absolutely love about my new label maker:
- Lithium rechargeable battery: seriously, I am now spoiled and annoyed with anything that takes actual batteries.
- Labels easily peel off because they split down the middle: should have really read that before I spent 5 minutes trying to peel it off from the side
- Allows me to print labels in 3 different fonts: no idea why this excites me, but frankly it just does
- Stores labels so you print things without retyping: I haven’t used this, but it is a great idea for kids names
- Labels totally stuck on already frozen containers. Without any peeling.
What I don’t love:
- I live in constant fear that my children will get a hold of my precious label maker and it will be no more. Ok, so that really isn’t the label makers fault, but to ensure its safety I have placed it high above their reach and threatened bodily harm if they touch it.
I still have more freezer labels I want to tackle. I hope to tackle my canning stash next. Then the filing cabinet. Then I might just start labeling everything in site.
Do you need help getting yourself organized? Think a DYMO Label Manager 260p would help? Leave me a comment letting me know what you most want to label and you might just get your chance. For extra entries (please leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry):
- Subscribe to The Diaper Diaries via email or RSS, or leave a comment if you already do
- “Like” The Diaper Diaries on Facebook
- Follow The Diaper Diaries on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway
The winner will be drawn randomly on Tues Sept 14th. Good luck!!