Yes, school starts. Yes, crisp sweater weather is coming. Yes, it’s time for football (or in my house, hockey). But what I most look forward to in fall is the return of my beloved TV shows. And this season looks like a season to add a few new ones to my repertoire. I am equally excited about that prospect seeing as Lost is gone (moment of silence…….) and so we have a spot in our TV rotation for something new. I thought I would tell you what I am most looking forward to in the coming weeks including new shows that look promising. AND as a service to you, my faithful readers, I will even let you know when you can expect their premieres. I know, I’m a giver.
- Survivor Nicaragua: I have watched every season of this show from the beginning. Only two seasons have I quit midway through because I just couldn’t stand the people playing. Otherwise I am a devoted fan. The hubby and I love to watch, talk strategy, and predict winners. All from the comfort of our warm, bug free house. This year, the old vs. the young. I expect lots of young eye candy and lots of old, crotchety men. (Premiers 9/15)
- Chuck: Can you believe this show was almost cancelled. It is one of our absolute favorites. Perfect mix of humor, action, intrigue and romance. Seriously, if you aren’t watching this, get onboard. It is one of the most underappreciated shows around. (Premiers 9/20)
- Glee: Do I even need to talk about why this show is the best thing on TV? I was a show choir girl in high school, jazz hands and all. I love the music, love the characters, mostly love the plotlines. I am a little concerned about the addition of a “Christian” this year, but hopefully they will stay inoffensive. Please don’t disappoint me Glee. Oh and more Broadway tunes, less episodes about Britney Spears please. Thanks. (Premiers 9/21)
- Raising Hope/Running Wilde: They are hedging their bets with these two placing them in prime spot after Glee. Will Arnett has me at hello. And clueless guy raising baby, well that seems like a good time. So I have them ready to DVR. I am hoping for comic genius. (Premiers 9/21)
- Modern Family: I can’t even tell you how much I love this show. And unless you are living under a rock, I don’t need to tell you. It might be the most talked about show from last season. For good reason. Please tell me you are watching it. (Premiers 9/22)
- Community/30 Rock: I put them together only because they are on the same night. And because they make the hubby and I laugh our buns off every single week. I love any show that takes political correctness and shows it the door. That is exactly what these both do. Joel McHale and Alec Baldwin are reason #1 and reason #2 to watch. Who knew I could love Alec Baldwin? (Premiers 9/23)
- Grey’s Anatomy: I really, really, really wish I did NOT watch this show. It is just trash. And last year’s big finale shooting seemed a tiny bit desperate. But darn it, I can’t stop watching. And apparently someone is getting married right off the bat. Which also seems shark jumpy. But again, I will watch. The hubby has bailed 2 seasons back, but Grey’s Anatomy, I can’t quit you. (Premiers 9/23)
- The Good Wife: I am not sure if this is permanently moving to Tuesdays at 8, but that seems odd to take on Glee. Especially because it is such a stellar show. Seriously, the biggest surprise of last season. So ridiculously well acted, well written and well executed. There has not been a good legal drama in so long and this one is perfection. (Premiers 9/28)
- American Idol: I hesitate to even put this in here, because I have no freakin’ clue when it is coming back and I am just not sure what the show is doing. Last season with Ellen was weird, but now she is gone. Kara apparently quit too. I don’t even know how the show can recover without Simon and the names tossed about for judges could not be more unappealing. I will watch. I can’t not watch, but I am skeptical. Their reign could be over. Thoughts?
- You tell me. I am heavily loaded on the comedies. Which I don’t mind, but I am longing for something to replace Lost. Which isn’t even close to possible. I am leaning towards Undercovers. Maybe The Event (which seems a little desperate, but I might give it a shot). *sigh* Maybe I will just watch the box sets of Lost…..
What are you looking forward to watching in Fall TV?
This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday over at my fellow Lost, Chuck, and Survivor loving friend, Oh Amanda.