I am sitting here watching snow come down HARD. And we already had a lot to begin with. It is actually quite beautiful, but I will admit, it does bring on a certain longing for spring. Grey days have led to a lot of gray clothes. Mama needs some color back in her wardrobe! Plus a girl can only style skinny jeans, sweaters and scarves so many ways. So here are some spring styles I am looking forward to embracing.
products listed counter clockwise
- Coral: If you aren’t a fan of pastels, coral is kind of a mix between a pastel and a bright. It is pretty flattering on most people and looks great with a tan. Someday we will be tan again, right?
- Ruffles: I love how feminine this dress is. The neckline is just gorgeous and totally on trend with the ruffles. I would pair it with an emerald green necklace to make it look even more springy. Or you could chose the fuchsia one and be perfectly on trend with the bright color.
- Striped Blazer: Striped blazers are everywhere right now and I am totally in love with this trend. This one from Old Navy is very affordable which is a good way to go before you can tell if trends are here to stay. (ps. this would go great with the mint jeans!)
- Florals: The florals that are being shown in the magazines and runways are a little bold and overpowering for a stay at home mom from the suburbs. I love this shirt from Loft to give me a little bit of the trend without looking like a garden.
- Black and White Mod: Black and white never really goes out of style, and this spring the look is a bit of a throwback to the days of mod. This dress is super flattering and on trend without being to costume-y.
- Mint Jeans: Colored skinnies are going away this spring (yay!) and pastels are where it is at. I have several colored jeans, but they are all rather dark and I am thinking these are the perfect color to usher in spring.
How about you? What trends are you most looking forward to for spring?