- BIG NEWS in the Anderson house. Meet Griffin (mainly called Griff)
We got him last Thursday and have been getting to know each other. He is an 8 month old Beagle and Chihuahua and 100% snuggler. He is sweet and mostly mellow and, outside of a pooping incident, quite lovely. Oh except for the fact that the family that fostered him before we got him woke up at 4 am every morning so that is what he is used to. Welcome back to sleep training. Ouch! But the kids have begged for years and it finally happened. I am so in love with this dog and getting to be a hero to your kids is a nice side bonus.
- My friend Shannon over at Simple Moms is giving away $1000 gift card to prAna!! She is sharing a few outfits she put together, and I would love to share them with you too! Pop over and see what she is up to and while you are there, enter to win a $1,000 gift card to shop for yourself at prAna. I put the entry form below for you too out of convenience, because a few of the ways to enter are through my blog!
Good luck, I’d sure love it if one of my awesome readers won!
- I am trying to get into the e-book thing, but honestly often times I download them and then forget to read them. But there is one e-book that I use more than any other. Easy Homemade is relaunching this week with 30 new recipes and tips. All sorts of things you are buying at the store can be made easily and affordably in your home. This has everything in one place. For this week only, you can get it for $3.99.
- Last Friday I got all fancied up with my hubby and went to the Meijer LPGA Celebrity Chef Cookoff in downtown Grand Rapids. I was a guest of Meijer and got to meet some amazing chefs, Cat Cora, Gail Simmons and Carla Hall. Their food was delicious and it all benefitted local food banks through Simply Give. Another crazy easy way for you to give back to others who don’t have food on their table. I know it is a little blurry, but how cool is this???
- I was also able to participate in another Dove Self Esteem workshop and this time I got to bring my girls. It was a great chance to start some important discussions with my girls and as usual Dove nailed it. Just having the LPGA here is Grand Rapids is inspiring to my girls, seeing girls succeed in a mail dominated sport. The workshop overlooked the 17th hole as we watched women make amazing puts. Super cool experience!!
- Finally, we had my parents, brother, sister-in-law and assorted kids and dogs over for a BBQ tonight. THIS. This is how Iowans do dinner. #ImStuffed