Raise your hand if your kids have a Halloween hangover? Mine are a bit out of sorts. Throw in a time change (whose idea was THAT??!!) and we are a little bit of a mess.
Trick or treating times three kids means a giant pile of candy. Which also equals a giant pile of sugar into my children’s brain. Which equals a giant pile of temptation to their mama. So I want this candy out of our house as soon as possible.
So I stole a whole pile of candy (my kids barely noticed) and baked up what I like to call “Post Halloween Cookies”. More on what I did WITH them in an upcoming post But I made sure they were full of gluten so I couldn’t be tempted at all. Plus it is the perfect way to get rid of those Almond Joys (who eats those??)
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3⅔ c. flour
- 1½ t. baking powder
- 1¼ t. baking soda
- ¾ t. salt
- 2 c. chopped Halloween candy (anything chocolate will do)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add flour mixture one cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Stir in candy.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.