First my blog, then Facebook, then Twitter. God knows the last thing I need is another internet addiction. But I have joined Pinterest. Heaven help me.
You know how you used to find something on the internet and “bookmark” it. Or maybe print it out. Now you “pin it”. To your virtual bulletin board. And you can have multiple boards for your various interests. For example I currently have:
- Dream Kitchen : ideas for a (fingers crossed) future kitchen remodel
- Party Party: ideas for future parties I want to throw once I have my (ahem) remodeled kitchen
- Fun Mom: ideas for the days I feel like breaking out fun mom and giving my kids a break from boring, unimaginative mom
- Get Into My Belly: recipes I am dying to make (including something called “crack pie”)
- House Dreams: ideas for what kind of house I would buy once my money tree starts blooming
- Crafts so Easy I Can Make Them: rather self explanatory
- I Want To Go To There: amazing places, maybe for a vacation? Again with the money tree.
- Word.: Awesome quotes and words of wisdom
- CSA Goodness: recipes specific to food from a CSA
So the best part about Pinterest is the social aspect. Just like FB and Twitter you “friend” people and then you can see the goodness that THEY are pinning. Or you can look and see what the whole universe (or at least those who belong to Pinterest). You can repin their discoveries onto you own board, comment or like their pins.
Or you can follow the trail and see where it leads you. Find some kitchen inspiration? Oh look, they have a whole kitchen board with a bunch of gorgeous kitchen ideas. You can search by idea and then seriously you can just look around for hours and hours……..and hours.
Already on Pinterest and want to be friends? Here I am. If we aren’t friends, I will follow you.
Want to join the addiction? I could be like your Pinterest pusher. Head over and enter your email to join. But since it is beta mode, if that doesn’t work, leave me your email address and I will send you an invite.
Are you pinning?
This post is linked up to Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family.