I so hope that if you are a blogger you have had the privilege of meeting and knowing Casey of Moosh in Indy. I remember very vividly the first time I met her right down to the clothes she was wearing (mustard colored dress by Shabby Apple). And I mean that in the least, creepy stalkerish way. I remember because I was a newbie at Blissdom two years ago and boldly tweeted from the opening session, “Ok, I’m here, who do I need to meet?” and I look up to see Casey waving from across the room. I am so glad I met her and here are ten reasons why.
- The girl loves herself some karaoke. So we are kindred spirits like that. She nails Redneck Woman and rocks some cowboy boots while doing it. (p.s. totally stole this picture from her blog….don’t tell)
- She writes fearlessly. Seriously, I marvel at her bravery with the written word. Her posts about her struggles with infertility and depression will rock you to your core. This one in particular just blows my mind. So very brave.
- She doesn’t drink, but parties like nobody’s business. Seriously, search a flickr stream and if there is a bloggy party to be had, she will be in the center of it. The girl is a walking good time. And I mean that in the purest most possible way
- She is the most amazing photographer. Rarely have I seen her without and camera in hand to capture the most fun pictures. But this one where she managed to capture her BFF’s joy at holding her newborn son takes my breath away.
- Despite struggling with infertility for years Casey is pregnant with an amazing miracle of a baby girl. Which makes me smile huge just typing it.
- And she ROCKED that baby bump at Blissdom this year waddling her way out on the floor for the most amazing flashmob ever. I can always find myself in flashmob videos by looking for Casey then looking directly left. I LOVED seeing her get her dance on next to me. It made the flashmob even more fabulous.
- She is gorgeous inside AND out. She not only pulled off this amazing vintage look for the BowlHer 09 party, it scored her tickets to see Project Runway. I pretty much followed her around all night that night trying to bask in the gloriousness that was that dress.
- She pimped out my blog series about sex once on her blog (I loved her post) and my traffic that day took me to a very happy place. Seriously, my little traffic graph had a very nice spike in it. P.S. Casey, you can do that weekly and I won’t be mad at ya.
- She is such an amazing friend to bloggers everywhere that Emily, her BFF and also awesome blogger from Design Her Momma, had no trouble wrangling up a whole gaggle of bloggers to love bomb Casey with 15 weeks of posts celebrating her. I am really honored to be one of them.
Your job is to help me celebrate. If you know Casey, I would love it if you would leave a word of two telling her why she is worth celebrating. I gave you ten little nuggets of inspiration because I’m a giver. Speaking of givers, Emily is also hosting a giveaway post on her blog every Saturday for baby Mozzi. Casey and a commenter will both be gifted something fabulous so check that out as well.
Thanks Casey for being such a bright corner of the internet. P.s.s. please bring baby up north with Emily when you pop her out. I need some baby snuggles ASAP.
This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda.