Every year in August it surprises me yet again. Summer is winding now and my kids have had their fill of each other. And they are bickering all the live long day. And mama is losing her mind.
I know this is natural. They are missing routines and schedules and school friends. And unlike the beginning of the summer where we had lots of camps and family trips, we now have wide open calendars with a whole lotta nothing filling up our days. Apparently my children have decided to fill up their days with bickering.
So I was thrilled with this month’s Netflix Stream Team update that they were focusing on kindness. We could use a dose or two!!
For your little ones:
1. Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Vol. 1 Ep. 6: Friends Help Each Other (this is the greatest show!! I reviewed it before on the blog)
2. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Season 3, Ep. 4: One Bad Apple (so funny that this is back. My kids are obsessed with this show!)
3. Arthur, Season 15, Ep. 8: Muffy’s Classic Classy Club / Best Enemies
4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Super Why, Season 1, Ep. 61: The Ugly Duckling: Becoming a Swan
6. The Fox and the Hound
For the bigger kids:
For the grownups:
Don’t we need a reminder to be kind too? One look at my Facebook stream says yes. One of the things I keep reading about in the last few weeks is story after story about Robin Williams acts of kindness. What an incredibly generous man. And some of his best movies, not coincidentally, have kindness as a theme. Make sure to check out The Fisher King and The Birdcage.
So tell me. Are my kids the only ones trying to kill each other at the end by the end of August?
Disclosure: I am a Netflix Stream Team Ambassador. I received a free year subscription to Netflix and a Roku. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.