It’s live!! There are still some kinks to work out. Most noticeably we are having trouble getting the content from The Diaper Diaries to migrate over here. It is being stubborn. Much like a baby who is a week overdue and still refuses to come out the way it is supposed to.
But still. We are live. And I am THRILLED. (if you are reading in email or reader please pop over and have a look).
Five things will be a fun new series on the new site and I thought we could kick it off today with a quick list of things you should know.
- I tried to get stuff done this weekend to get all the links and sidebar up to par, but there are still some hiccups. I feel like Oz behind the curtain furiously pushing buttons and spinning wheels telling you “pay no attention, nothing to see here”. It will happen, but my offline life takes a lot of attention these days so it will happen when it happens.
- You shouldn’t have to do a thing if you are already a subscriber. You should continue to get content from the new blog to your email inbox or reader. If you aren’t a subscriber, what are you waiting for???? Subscribe today!!
- One of the things I have always wanted to use my voice in the blogosphere for is social good. And while I have from time to time it certainly hasn’t been a focus. So I am focusing my efforts a bit. I have added an advocacy category and will be supporting causes based around children. Children’s hunger, children’s health and global initiatives benefiting children. Right now that means continuing to support World Vision, Shot at Life and Child Hunger Ends Here (more on that last one in a few days).
- Switching over to a new blog is EXHAUSTING. But did I mention that Francesca from Small Bird Studios has put up with me amazingly well and I think she did a fantastic job. If you ever have any design needs you should use her. For Realz.
- I’m going to Blissdom!!!!! This was supposed to be a year off from conferences, but Blissdom I can’t quit you! I am a community leader again and I have an amazing sponsor I can’t wait to tell you about as well. But for now, I just want to know if any of my readers will be there so we can hang out!! (apparently I am excited. hence the extreme overuse of exclamation points)
- Welcome to the new digs. Can’t wait to see what Just Jilly has in store!