Well apparently winter has already started in Michigan. I woke up this morning to several inches of snow on the ground and we are barely breaking 30 degrees all week. After last years winter that never ended I am a bit nervous for what is to come. Especially since this weather alert is currently on my phone:
… WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING…
* LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES BEGINNING LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON. SNOWFALL RATES IN EXCESS OF AN INCH PER HOUR IN THE STRONGER BANDS COULD OCCUR.
* WEST WINDS WILL GUST OVER 25 MPH LEADING TO BLOWING SNOW.
* FALLING TEMPERATURES MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT.
* NEAR ZERO WIND CHILLS BY TUESDAY MORNING.
I think this list helps those of you who aren’t familiar with the joy that is living in Michigan in the winter.
Five Stages of a Michigan Winter:
1. Denial: “Those weather forecasts are never right. Surely we are not going to get 5” of snow this early in the season.
Be prepared to go through each stage multiple times a day from November until Feb. If winter hangs on any longer than that expect to hover between stages 2 and 4 sprinkled with a little bit of 1.