How’s that for a title? But in all seriousness I have been trying some things on for size to make my life a little bit easier and they are brilliant, if I do say so myself. What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share them with you.
1. Phone notifications: I am not proud of how consumed I am by that stupid device that is supposedly just for making calls. And I don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner, but I turned off all my task bar notifications after reading this post. I’m only a few days in, but I have stopped checking my phone all the live long day. I allow myself to check it in the morning, at lunch and then catch up on stuff that needs to be caught up on at night. I have left on texting notifications because I figure if someone is texting me it is important.
2. Making my bed: This is a habit I have done off and on through the years but it doesn’t stick. But I have been doing it right when I get out of bed every morning and it makes me happy. I don’t know what else it accomplishes, but happiness is something right?
3. Pilates: I fell off the Pilates wagon when we got the foster baby, but I am back on the wagon! It is my absolute favorite exercise class and I have thrown in yoga as well. I am already surprised my by flexibility and underneath a protective cushion I am pretty sure I am sporting a six pack.
4. Jelly Splash: Oops, not improving my life in any way. In fact it is likely cancelling out all the other improvements in every way.
5. Water: This is a work in progress, but I am really, really, really trying to up my water consumption. It has been an ongoing goal of mine because I notice that I get headaches and get really run down when I am dehydrated. This is so easy to do but so easy to forget. Drink you water people and feel better. Sometimes it really is that simple.
What new habits have you been trying lately?