One of my favorite things about ditching cable and just using Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus is that we have access to all sorts of old school episodes of shows I grew up with. And not to become all crotchety old man on you, but they just don’t make them like they used to. I have been so disappointed by what passes for family entertainment these days so I decided to take matters into my own hands. And I introduced my kids to The Cosby Show.
Initially they rolled their eyes and whined that it would be old and boring. But one episode and they were hooked. They now beg to watch it every day. And I am reminded just how brilliant this show was. Here are five of my favorite Cosby episodes.
1. Theo’s Holiday (I love Rudy in this one!)
2. Anniversary Song (They are all amazing, but Cosby’s faces are classic)
3. Independence Day (remember when guys piercing their ears was the biggest deal? I secretly pierced my brother’s ear once so this one holds a special place in my heart)
4. Pilot (I remember this episode so well and was shocked to find out that it was the pilot. The monopoly scene was brilliant)
5. A Shirt Story (This one goes down as my all time favorite. Still makes me laugh out loud)
One more honorable mention. I love this episode so much but I don’t think my kids are quite old enough for its content since it is about getting drunk. But this episode epitomizes everything we love about the Huxtables, In With The In Crowd.
What shows did you love growing up? Have you shared them with your kids?