I might know a little about fashion (and pretend to know a lot about fashion), but I have always been a little bit clueless when it comes to beauty products.
First of all, I am pretty cheap and the good stuff usually costs a pretty penny. Second of all, I don’t have a clue what I am doing with makeup. I think I fake it pretty well, but perhaps I look like Tammy Fae and no one is telling me.
So when I find something I like I tend to use it forever. Or until they discontinue it. Which sadly is often. These are some products I am totally in love with right now.
- Garnier B.B. Cream: Are you on the BB Cream bandwagon? It is kind of a hybrid between a moisturizer and a foundation and a primer. It evens out my skin, brightens it and takes a few years off. And it has SPF so I don’t have to worry about the sun. A lot of the reviews on Amazon said it was greasy but I haven’t found that at all. I do wear a mineral powder over the top of it so maybe that helps. I am sure there are way pricier BB creams that perform skin miracles, but for the price I think this one is great.
- Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright Pencil: I have terrible undereye circles. I have tried a million concealers and haven’t found one that really is effective. This isn’t a concealer, but I think it helps brighten my eyes a bit and take the focus off my racoon eyes. I use the pencil to dot the inner corner of my eyes and highlight my brow bone. An easy way to look awake when you have kids waking you up all night.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow: I do not know how to put on eyeshadow. Like at all. Whenever I try I look like I should be out on a corner somewhere. I just discovered this product this weekend and decided to give it a try. I just swipe some on my finger and rub it on my eye. Pretty sure a monkey could pull it off. Drunk.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner: This product was actually recommended by several blog readers about a year ago when I was complaining about my eye makeup. I love this stuff so much. It gives me anything from a perfectly lined eye to a dramatic cat eye. It goes on with a brush instead of a pencil but one it is one it is set and it doesn’t smear. It even stays on after a mid day nap. A friend told me……
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes: I swear by this mascara. Every time I try something different I am always disaapointed. I don’t have great lashes on my own (thankfully my kids all got my hubby’s gorgeous thick lashes) but these make it look like I do.
What beauty products are you loving right now? I always love finding new products to try!
affiliate links used