Well there it is. Out there for all of the internet to see. I am doing Couch to 5K. I have not mentioned it because that means you all know. And what you should know is I hate running.
I am not sure hate is a strong enough word. I might even be allergic. Have I mentioned before on this blog that I used to “run”? As in I went out for cross country in high school. I was consistently last on the JV team. And as my parents will be quick to remind you, there may have been a race in which I faked a knee injury so I didn’t have to run anymore.
So I had heard a lot about C25K and how in honestly took you from the couch to running a race. I have been working out taking kickboxing classes 3-4 times a week at the gym so I am a small step above couch ridden. But it is a small step.
In my attempts to become a runner I am actually not hating it too much. I never want to do it before I hop on the treadmill, but I start to enjoy it a little midway through. So we’ll see how I feel as the weeks go by. What I do know is that part of the reason I am sticking to this thing is my music mix.
So I present the Top Ten Tunes on my C25K playlist. Disclaimer: my faith should not be judged by my music taste. I listen to God honoring music almost all the time but when I am exercising I need some bass. And apparently some borderline inappropriate lyrics……
- Single Ladies (Beyoncé): This is a must. My only problem is I long to throw my hands up when she tells me too. Not sure how that would play out at the gym.
- Good Things (BoDeans): This is my favorite cool down song. It brings me back to a happy place.
- Mercy (Duffy): This song is on multiple playlists of mine cause it is just that awesome.
- SexyBack (Justin Timberlake): If loving Justin Timberlake is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
- Raise Your Glass (Pink): This song is infectious. Again, I have to resist doing some fist pumps during it, but this song gets me moving!!
- Yeah (Usher): I can’t possibly defend the lyrics of this song. They are really foul. So I kind of hate that I love it but I do. What it really makes me want to do is dance, but it also makes me run.
- Disturbia (Rihanna): The beat in this song is undeniable. And it is almost in perfect time to the tempo my feet want to move. I also have “Please Don’t Stop The Music” in the mix.
- Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas): I really don’t know what to do with you if you don’t like this song. Truly.
- Poker Face (Lady Gaga): I personally find her to be so annoying, but darn it, I can’t deny some of her songs are awesome.
- Tik Tok (Ke$ha): See above explanation. I mean I just had to type a DOLLAR SIGN for her name (and spell check just exploded). But if this song isn’t on your workout mix you are missing out. It is awesome to run to. And *gulp* my personal favorite workout song on the list.
What is on your workout mix?
- This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday over at Oh Amanda who is coincidentally also running a bit. And probably listening to holier music than me. She will also most likely not know any of these songs….