So although I am very thankful I’m not in Buffalo (YOWZA!!), we are still getting rather pummeled with snow here in Michigan. We have had two snow days already this week and I am not very hopeful about tomorrow. It is a hot mess out there.
In HERE, we are going a bit stir crazy. I try to send the kids out, but it is cold and they can only last so long before they are begging to come back in. We have done crafts. We have played board games. We have read books. Today the kids even wrote and performed a play. But let’s be honest moms, at some point we just need let the kids have some screen time. Amiright?
Thankfully our Netflix subscription always delivers. This month, with Thanksgiving, there are lots of movies and shows celebrating the blessing of friendship. So many of our favorites are represented. Whether you are stuck inside on a snow day or just want something fun to entertain your kids on family movie night, check out these great titles. Then spend some time talking about why you are thankful for the friendships in your lives.
For the little kids:
1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House (a Netflix original- I will love Veggie Tales forever)
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends (Bert there’s a banana in my ear!!!)
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
For the big kids:
1. Phineas and Ferb (a family fave)
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl (oh my WORD get the tissues)
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts (my 5 yo’s absolute favorite show)
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web (read the book THEN watch the movie)
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl (can’t get enough of these two)
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother (SLAP BET!!)
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock (one of the funniest shows ever to be on TV)
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad (the dark side of friendship……)
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files (my hubby’s fave)
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World (SCHWING!!)